Girls on the Green Tee (GOTGT) is a golf mentoring program designed by the Women of Color Golf (WOCG) for girls ages 10 – 17, to introduce young girls to the game of golf and to provide leadership development, self-esteem, confidence, respect, honesty, responsibility, and healthy habits experiences, through the game of golf.
Our goal is to create a fun learning environment and to spark interest and inspiration in learning the game of golf, facilitating mentorship opportunities along the way. This inspiration is then turned into action by connecting the motivated girls to mentors in our golf and business community through various golf activities and events.
1. Impact the lives of young girls by providing a golf education program that will build character and instill life enhancing values.
2. Promote physical activity and healthy life choices through the game of golf.
3. Establish Mentor and Mentee relationships with local women business community leaders and entrepreneurs.
4. Create a pipeline for growth of the game by partnering with the Local First Tee Program for scholarships for need-based students
The five-week GOTGT program includes:
• The Basic Fundamentals, Golf Course Etiquette (5 Weeks)
• The Basic Fundamentals (Continued), Skill Reinforcement (5 Weeks)
• Field Trip: Travel to Golf Course or Professional Tournament
• Career Development: Golf Course Design & Construction – Design a hole on a golf course
• Mentorship: Connect with Business Leaders in local Community
• Cost per student for 5 Week Program: $500.00
The Girls on the Green Tee (GOTGT) Program has been implemented in (2) Hillsborough County Public Schools in Tampa, Florida.
To register your elementary school, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Lynne Morgan, WOCG & GOTGT Golf Operations Director & Training at email@example.com | Enter Subject: Girls On the Green Tee (GOTGT)
To grow the game of golf for girls, we need your help and support. Your donation will help empower girls golf programs to inspire the next generation of future leaders and provide a golf scholarship for the GOTGT program
$1000.00 - Sponsors 2 students for 5-week program
$1500.00 – Sponsors 3 students for 5-week program
$3000.00 - Sponsors 6 students for 5-week program
$5000.00 – Sponsors 10 students for 5-week program