Encouraging Women of Color to learn and play recreational golf
Women of Color Golf (WOCG) & Girls On the Green Tee (GOTGT) are a not-for profit 501c3 organization located in Tampa, Florida.
The mission of Women of Color Golf is to increase diversity and inclusion in the sport of golf for women and girls through instruction, on-course play, mentoring, networking, special events, health and career-related opportunities.
The mentoring program Girls on the Green Tee (GOTGT) is designed for girls ages 10 -17, and college students, to answer the ever present need for strong, accomplished, and resilient female role-models. (GOTGT) seeks to create a spark of interest and inspiration in the game of golf. This inspiration is then turned into action by connecting the motivated girls to mentors in our golf community through various activities and events.
The Women of Color Golf (WOCG) and Girls on the Green Tee (GOTGT) initiatives have grown into a national recognized community program with recognition by the United States White House as Champions of Change for Extracurricular Enrichment for Marginalized Girls.
- Encouraging and promoting women of color to learn the benefits of golf and participate in recreational golf activities
- Mentoring our youth
- Advocating for good nutrition and health
- Integrating Social Media & Technology to collabodfrate and network the Golf Community.
View yearly reports here
Executive Director, Clemmie Perry [ More details → ]
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. Ken Perry, Vice President
2. Marcelle Jackson, Finance & Records
3. Dr. Michael W. Cooper, Ph.D [ More details → ]
4. Rey Oliver
ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
1. Nina-Dawne Williams, Esq. General Counsel
2. Vasti Amaro, President and CEO Vasti Transport [ More details → ]
3. Gary Hartfiled, President and CEO Serenity Villagae, Inc. & Author, Stand
4. Renee Powell, PGA Hall of Fame of American and LPGA Professional, Clearview Golf Course Owner
WOCG Ambassadors & Professional Golfer's:
1. Shasta Averyhardt, Professional Golfer, WOCG Ambassador, 2017
2. Sadena Parks, Professional Golfer, WOCG Ambassador, 2018
1. Dr. Michael W. Cooper, Ph.D appointed as WOCG Chairperson Diversity and Inclusion [ More details →]
The Women of Color Golf (WOCG) clinics are taught by certified golf teaching professionals. We would like to thank the following professionals for their participation and collaboration with the Women of Color Golf.
Lynne Morgan , Golf Programs & Instruction
Shasta Averyhardt , LPGA Golf Professional
Phone: (813) 892-0659
Mail: Women Of Color Golf
P.O. Box 75361. Tampa, Florida, 33675
Store (Shop for one-of-a-kind gifts):
Golf Attire - Polo Shirts - Full Zip Fleece - Caps - Vizors - Tote Bags